Saturday, March 07, 2009

The 30's

Something about the 30's changes the body in mind in inexplicable ways. If I wasn't experiencing it, I wouldn't believe it. I understand so many things now that I couldn't conceive of before. Things no longer need to be black and white for me to accept them, and I don't have to know every detail to believe. In fact, often times now, unlike my 20's, I prefer not to know.

In my 30's I work harder to maintain inner peace. If its messing up my vibe, I don't want to hear about it, know about it, learn about it, see it, etc... The confusion of the 20's has disappeared, I am more certain about what I will and wont tolerate, about what I care about and what I don't. Will I still have a fit if my children act up in public, probably not. I no longer care as much about what other folks think, as much as I care about the well being of my kids and their needs.

But the downside of 30 - I can't eat like I used to. LOL. I can feel everything I ingest. Its kinda gross, actually. I cant eat pizza at all anymore. Cereal is out. I am lactose intolerant, but used to ignore it. Ice cream, simply not worth the nightmare reaction. I can't take it anymore. The last slice of pizza I ate, i dreamt about being sick. And the next 2 days I was. The oils are out. The sugars and juices and minimized. when I drink too much juice I can taste it, my mouth feels coated with grime. Seriously. When I eat too much of anything, I get lethargic. I feel disgusting. I love cheesecake. But now, I glance at it and think about the aggravation, and it no longer seems worth it...so the 30's have also brought on a bizarre love of lettuce and H20. Go figure...

No comments: