Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving- cellphones

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I really really wish you all the blessings, happiness and peace that God bestows upon you. Each of you have encouraged and believed in me in so many different ways and I am praying that his year I can give back that type of unconditional support and inspiration.

I have to say - this was my best meal ever! I finally got organized to cook what I wanted, how I wanted with a neat and clean kitchen to boot (without passing out afterward). Our friend Nelson spent today with us, he, my husband an done of my sons both fell asleep watching tv immediately after the meal - so ya'll know that food was good.

Only bad thing - i burned my hand. It was pretty bad, but I WAS NOT going to the hospital talkin about I burned my hand trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner. PLease. I had just finished preparing the peach cobbler and was moving it to the stove. MY husband said something, I responded and the thick, boiling hot, syrup peach mix spilled onto my hand. I refused to drop it, I had just spent twenty minutes preparing that thing. SO I screamed but neatly placed it in the oven and spent the rest of the day with burn ointment and bandages over my semi blistering hand (gross-i know). Just paying my cooking dues!

So, last night I got a shock. I was cooking and thinking about my cell phone bill and how it is finally manageable. At the SAME INSTANT, my husband dropped the latest Sprint bill in my lap. 1,834.00. Yep. You saw right. 1,834.00. Why? Because my son couldn't get clear reception in his bedroom and, unwilling to stand in one spot in the garage, like I have been doing, he decided to switch his phone to ROAM. So, for the past month, we had incurred roaming charges for every moment that boy has been home. I was fit to be tied. But it was the night before Thanksgiving, so I just decided its something I will have to deal with in the future....

1 comment:

Prego said...

omg, i would have a complete heart attack at that bill! and congrats on the new developments with you career.