Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Alright folks, I'm back and refusing to be denied in 2007. So, I am looking forward to this new year, but I must admit that I was truly blessed in 2006. Events in my life caused me to step out of my shell, strip away the comfort zone I created and step back into the real world. My number one fear, of course, was my children and exposing them to a bunch of nonsense when dealing with day care providers. Don't get me wrong, there are good ones out there, its just going through the shuffle to find them that's scary. Instead, we got it right the first time, and she has made a tremendous difference in our lives.

Additionally, I returned to the 9-5 workforce, after 4 years of the hustle and grind of self employment. It took some getting used to. The whole idea of punching the clock, just for the sake of punching the clock, is a mindless concept that I have to fight daily. But it was very necessary. The boredom of work facilitated a desire to write all the time, instead of sparingly or on the weekends. So, this blog was developed, the myspace page was developed, the website was developed, three books published, three short stories published...incredible. Remarkable. And It is only the tip of the iceberg, there are so many more stories in me, trying to get out, that are just waiting for the ones in front of them to move out of the way!!!

So there it is in a nutshell. Please keep checking in and staying with me through this process. I will have some business developments for you soon....

Luv ya

2 comments:

Shai said...

I feel ya girl. 2007 will be my breakthrough year.

Do you know there is another poet named Kai out there? Here blog is called poetry by Kai.

Anonymous said...

"The whole idea of punching the clock, just for the sake of punching the clock, is a mindless concept that I have to fight daily."

I can really relate to that one, having returned to having to "work for someone elses' purpose" in 2006 (temporary situation) after a brief S/E venture.
You really got me open on blogging too. after reading yours, I am hooked, I now have about 10-12 of them that I peruse daily (including yours)...I am really considering starting one- if nothing else to just get it all out(daily frustrations, rants, funnies, life, etc) to relieve some stress....have even thought of a name..I don't know how much time I would have to devote though.

Have a Safe, Happy, Prosperous, New Year

Kev