Monday, June 18, 2007

Puffy Gives Good....

Television. Drama. Excitement. Entertainment. Power. (what did you think I was going to say?) Making the Band 4 debuted tonite. For a glimpse into P. Diddy's world, I woulda watched. For a chance to look at Joe, Mario and an ol crush, M. Bivins, I woulda watched.

But this season, my husbands cousin is participating - and he will make it, have no doubt. You know how you can pick out a star, even when their little. Like when Beyonce first debutted in No No No and took over the entire screen. Or when Janet came out with COntrol (tellin my age). Well, this gentlemen has always shone, has always been a star. Even if somehow Diddy doesn't pick him, he is guaranteed to shine. So Qwanell, we are cheering you on...

Other things I noticed - Wasn't that Julius kid really the singing version of the wild Miami kid from Da Band - Fred, right? He is Fred's equally anguished R&B twin. How is it DC could only find DeAngelo (who was pretty good) and an Asian kid named Sam to represent. Now, I am not dissing the two (Sam was surprisingly soulful) but does DC aka Chocolate City always have to be pathetic in the performing arts department. Come one, millions of black folks, only one can make an R&B talent show? Lauri Ann can dance. I mean, she can do it all. Wasn't Joe more handsome on the show, talkin and chillin, than in his normal videos. I don't know, it coulda just been me, but he was doin it. Did Puffy mention Nsync as an all time great band? Yep. But, luv me some Justin so I let that go. To his credit (I rarely disagree with him) he didn't add Boys from the Back Alley or somethin or other to that list.

Finally, aren't you so glad to see Michael Bivins back to being, well, Michael Bivins. What happened to BBD and the East Coast Family anyway? Wonder how much of that Boyz 2 Men money he is still getting. Guess he didn't have to work after they popped off anyway.

1 comment:

PatriciaW said...

a.Kai, you are crazy!

Had to watch MAKING THE BAND 4. With my oldest son. It's one of those less than intellectual pleasures on TV that one just has to have.

Don't recall whether your cuz was chosen. Hope he made it.

Love Michael Bivens. Thought I was the only one missing BBD.

Don't know much about Joe but from what I do know, yep, he'd looked better than in his videos.

Wasn't Sam the Soulful Asian a trip?! I wish he had made it because it would have been interesting. And I thought he was a better singer than some of those who were picked.

Lauri is a mess. Watch out for fireworks between her and Diddy. (Heard about it on Tom Joyner Morning Show.)