Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Calm, Pleasant, Comfortable

4th of July. I made it to another one. I remeber one year I was pregnant and miserable on the 4th, cuz the electric company had a shortage in our entire neighborhood. No electricity on the 4th, 5th and 6. And I was one week away from delivering a 10lb baby. Miserable, miserable, miserable. I laid on the basement floor to stay cool. We finally went to a hotel.

Anutha 4th we had the time of our lives. In N.O. at the essence festival - pre Katrina. My uncle and family lived there then, had the hook up to all the hot spots. We were partying, drinking (me and cousin), dancing, laughing, just living it up... The N.O. - whewww, nothin like it! MY husband even enjoyed himself, laughing at us acting a fool.

The 4th is two days after my wedding anniversary. So the mood of the anniversary always dictates how this holiday is going to play. Some years our anniversary is a thunderstorm, the 4 just the added lightning. Other times our anniversary is puresunshine, the 4th bringin in the grand finale fireworks.

This year made ten years married. We have been together much longer, but ten years bound to that ring, through the very goods and the hella unbelievable bads. This anniversary was calm, pleasant, comfortable. And, thats how this 4th is turning out...

No comments: