Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tidbits - December

Christmas is approaching and, like every year, I reminisce on the ones I have loved and lost. I have no idea why Christmas always makes me feel melancholy, but I have the same reaction every year.

Recently, an old friend returned to my world. I knew him before I even knew myself. Not that I know myself actually, but I have a little more of a clue than I had then. We were kids together, now adults together. Isn't it odd how life works, how someone from your childhood could still be such an important part of your life. It's given me reason to reflect and think about the many years I have known him and how much life has changed for both of us...

We recently went to West Point to take my son a football visit. A once in a life time experience. But military academy means making that commitment. It's a rare opportunity, but its coupled with the inherent dangers of war. The reality of war. And while I have had a family member fight, serve, participate in every war back to the Civil War (although some of them weren't allowed a weapon/ or to participate in combat)its a different thing to sign up your child. I am unsure how my son perceived it, I have to see what he decides. He also has offers from Northwestern, Louisville and Navy so far, so we'll see how it goes.

Finally got a publishing deal for two novels - Life and Discovering Love. Now I just need to have them professionally edited before submission. At least 1 grand each manuscript. As usual, one step down, a million more to go...But, no complaints.

No comments: