Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! and please forgive me for taking so long to wish you a happy and blessed year. Something about winter always brings out depressing thoughts for me, probably because I grew up in a cold climate and couldn't wait to escape! Anyway, I felt myself getting so sad today, and couldn't figure out why. Subsequently, I just spent twenty minutes venting out in a poem about childhood.

Then, in an epiphany, I decided no more black. No more depressing thoughts. At least not for today. So I changed my myspace page. Pathetic, right, that the internet is so much a part of my life that changing my myspace layout made me feel better....sigh. I am afraid to change my blog colors, don't want to squash the creative vibe. May help get my mind out of the gutter though, when it comes to what my mother calls my "more racy poems" to have some brighter colors on there. I'm gonna think on this one...

My New Years Resolution : post more frequently - finish editing two completed manuscripts. Get some sleep at nights. Lose a little weight. Start every morning with a prayer. Stop salivating whenever I see Common or Idris Elba or a couple others that make the imagination spark. Remember to forgive myself daily for my many misteps, misspeaks (another madeup word) and mistakes. Be thankful...

No comments: