Monday, April 16, 2007

Dreams Realization

Its an exciting time in our lives, we our beginning to see dreams and future planning become present realization. It is not only an exciting time for us, but for several others that have journeyed on this mission together, making life sacrifices to try to insure our children had everything necessary to achieve the unthinkable. And they have turned the unthinkable into reality.

The past weekends have been spent visiting colleges that have invited us down for football. In the meantime my sons classmate has been named an All American in almost every arena in basketball. Other friends are finding that football is opening doors to tremendous opportunities, while hoop dreams are happening for some others. That's not all, there are friends who are probable major league baseball and soccer players.

Its a little surprising, the normal day to day of it all. They have been plodding along, practicing, playing, school - a never ending cycle of obligation and expectation with a few breaks here and there. But, finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and payoff for the multitude of sacrifices.

To be very honest with you, I am tremendously excited - for my son, for his basketball playing classmate. I have watched their battles upfront and personal, I know all of my sons hurdles, a few of his classmates. It is a relief to see that the promise holds true and the dedication is paying off. It is a blessing to be able to live and experience it.

1 comment:

PatriciaW said...

Congratulations to you and your son. Your pride in him shines through.

Makes me realize that I have only a few short years before I go through a similar experience with my 12-year-old hoop dreamer.