Tuesday, April 03, 2007

2008 - the year of Gtown

It is with a heavy heart that I admit my Hoyas lost to Ohio State and its man child - Oden. I was stunned. It never occurred to me that we weren't going to the Finals, actually, after we beat Chapel Hill. Now, I don't know that we would have gotten past Florida, but definitely thought Ohio State wouldn't hang.

unfortunately, folks are going off on this boy Jeff Green. he apparently suffered shell shock, or some other performance anxiety during the game, because the brotha wanted no parts of the basketball and wouldn't take a shot. But, to be fair, I have never performed in front of 70,000 people. ALso, no tellin what happened in his world just prior to the game. There is real life outside of the game for the athletes. I don't want to dis the man, and I won't join the haters that are tryin to bash him now.

So anyway, there is a silver lining in this cloud. Ohio did not win the championship. On, no, I guess that shouldn't be the silver lining. What about this: Now Georgetown can make it back, win it next year, when the two incoming freshman are a part of the team. Had they won this year, it would have been statistically impossible to repeat. Now, it is more than likely. And I would rather see one of these brothas obtain that illusive championship - put an exclamation point on an already outstanding career-and get a much desired championship under his belt.

So, next year, I'm claiming, the year of G'town.

Hoya Saxa!

1 comment:

AC-Girl said...

You know I'm UVa all the way, but I was cheering for G'Town as well. Next year they'll take it all . . . if UVa doesn't pull an upset. :)

-Risa