Sunday, April 29, 2007

Review and other stuff

Gotta a new review today for Internal Indulgences and it is mind blowing. I mean, this woman was so kind to my writing efforts, I just couldn't believe it. It is a wonderful review. I am very very appreciate. To read it, click Internal Indulgences .

On another note, I watched America Idol results show on Wednesday. This was the charity event and it was a phenomenal show. They showed situations of poverty in such a real and devastating manner that my perspective was altered. Even Simon, at one point, lost his cool. While visiting a woman suffering from Aids, he had what, for him, had to be a breakdown. He started rambling about how insufferable the room was, the living was, then he stormed out - the pretentious brat in him came forward because he simply had no other way to react (I like him alot). But it was really that devastating.

Now, the only thing that I noticed, I haven't decided whether I take issue with it or not, is that all the celebrity performers were white. Now, I want to believe that was a coincidence. But, this young generation of singers doesn't have much meaningful work to chose from. Still, in America, it is almost unheard of to bring out all these celebrities and not have an African American performer. Since many contributors were also English, I am assuming that the English booked the performances, which would explain alot!

So, I am going to give and try to continue to help. They showed a clinic with 8 beds where over 300 women and children report daily because these babies are dying from malaria. Malaria!! Something a tablet could prevent? It is just devastating. and I can't pretend to be oblivious any longer.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such a wonderful review!

-Risa

PatriciaW said...

And I thought I was going crazy.

Agreed that AI did a great job. But the lack of color in the artists was glaring. After EWF, there was...none.

Hubby didn't believe me at first, when I pointed it out after the first 45 minutes. Then he started paying attention. By the end, he was shaking his head. Are you telling me there were no artists of color worthy of being included in a show of this magnitude?

I felt like Simon Cowell handpicked the artists. He probably didn't but somebody blew it. Big time.

PatriciaW said...

And congratulations on your review. I'm not a big poetry fan, but you and Gwyneth are going to force my hand.