Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Wire

The Wire is on fire this season. Ya'll know that I only really watch television on Sunday evenings - and I have been the biggest, loudest, surest supporter of The Wire since Season 1. Let me tell you - this actor Tristan Wilds is phenomenal at expressing Michael Lee, a young boy trying to raise his brother Bug and is forced into a life on the streets to support and protect himself and his brother from child abuse.

Episode 59 is the culmination of all the seasons, if you really know you will even hear a shout out to Chardene, Lester's young luv from Season 1. But back to episode 59, the writers are phenomenal and wrap this series up in a classic fashion. But Tristan and Felicia "Snoop", playing Michael and Snoop, deliver the rawest, truest gangster scene in this episode. Stripped to the raw realness of life and interactions, this is a breathtaking scene without gadets and unnecessary flare. I can't believe this young boy nails it like he does, but he is a star in the making!

1 comment:

PatriciaW said...

I'm with you on this! I'm already having withdrawal symptoms before seeing the finale on Sunday.

And Tristan is going to be an actor to contend with. Can't wait to see what his next project is.

Love Snoop. Plan to read her autobiography.

Sigh. I'm really going to miss this show.