Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Exhaustion - Flu - WTF

This weekends was busy - running behind my crew, cooking and cleaning, doing hair and moving furniture, washing dishes and vacuuming. On and on it went. This morning my stomach hurt a little, but I sucked it up, got the family dressed and loaded into the car. It was down hill from there. On the way to their school I was praying I wouldn' throw up. Then my throat began hurting. So much so that I couldn't swallow. My husband still dropped me off at the Metro (no sympathy there). As I trudged toward the train my steps became slower and slower, my limbs feeling heavier and heavier. I couldn't lift the paper on the train, my arm muscles ached, so I sat there slumped over, somewhere between sleep and coma.

I walked slowly to my building - a 10 minute trek became a 20 minute tortutre path. By the time I got to work my thighs were burning, my hips ached, it hurt to stand and to sit. WTF? Besides my sore throat, I was also freezing. My limbs were ice cold. Some tea, 4 MOtrin and a few prayers later, I was slouched against my desk - asleep -trying to read two reports.

That was my day. The medicine finally kicked in. So did the Vitamin C tablets and the Green Tea. I am tired of being sick. I am tired of being tired. I felt good enough to make it home and get my family together for the next day. Another 4 Motrin and I sit at the computer typing this. I refuse to use anymore leave, so tomorrow may be more of the same....But I need a Vacation!

No comments: