Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Hoyas

My Hoyas lost to Syracuse yesterday and I had to bite my pillow to keep from screaming. Damn!! I was so upset. I want Georgetown to stay number one, not tie up with Louisville and definitely not lose to the pompous arrogant Orange. Now, this is a decade long thing for me. I grew up in Rochester, expecting to cheer for the Orange. You know how that goes - its like a longtime DC native cheering for the Cowboys. The Orange represented everything I wanted to escape from, and the Hoyas, with their black coach and big man dynasty was like looking into the future.

Every Hoya Orange game has been a must watch. I had tickets to the home game a few weeks back but had some type of mental lapse and miscalculated the days. In hindsight, I might have done it subconciously, cuz, I didn't want to be in the arena screaming a the top of my lungs, or balled up in a knot refusing to watch the crucial seconds of the game in case of defeat. Better to do that at home. Which is what I did yetserday. And the Orange came on fire. It was actually something to behold. Impressive, if I didn't hate them. Well, I can't completely hate them anymore, my son's teammate is going there in the fall. So, I will have to cheer for their football team next year through clenched teeth - cuz I am wishing him well. But basketball, well, they will always be my number on basketball nemsis - my Hoyas can't go down like this to them again!

No comments: