Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In Treatment


Have you seen In Treatment on HBO? Not the entire week, of course, because I don't have time to watch that much television. So, I had to narrow it down and I selected....Tuesday night. Ha. If you know the show, then you know why I smirk. I chose Blair Underwood night.

I am amazed by Blair Underwood. Always have been. Watched him faithfully on LA Law, watched him when he went through his different phases. But, the scary thing is how well he plays the roles of psychopaths. He has this very personable handsome thing going on and then, with a mere blink or direct look, he seems so distant and removed. Unattached. It is actually scary. That is why Just Cause was so terrifying. That is also why watching him on Sex in the City was electrifying. Although my instinct didn't want him with Miranda, although she was the only one, out of all of them, that I could tolerate him being with, I wanted to believe in his love. In the great black man - successful and caring. Then, at the end, when Steve saw him in an apartment with two woman, there was an odd detachment about him. Yeah, he recovered from his "broken heart," but in that moment, he didn't seem cpable of a broken heart, a love, a relationship at all.

The same for In Treatment. I don't want to give it away, but this show is good yall. He plays a mental game with the audience for a half an hour, it is an emotional tug of war. He is soooooo talented. Check the show out on Tuesday nights and tell me what you think....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I love this show too! And I only watch Tuesday night. I wonder why? Hahaha! That Blair Underwood is just timeless.