Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well folks, I voted this morning. Yep, if you read my latest post to Sojournals, then you know that I had some voter confusion. The main issue was whether I should overlook the Republican party attached to Lt Gov Steele and vote for him anyway, you know, cause he's a black man. Not a good enough reason, well you can't tell him and the Republicans that. You have never seen a machine in motion like the one running his campaign. Could it be that these are the same folks behind, uhm, say, Bush? I don't know. But what I do know is that he littered the black county I live in with signs painted in Green Red and Black strips, stating "Don't be a SLAVE to the Democrats."

I am not kidding. Doesn't stop there - his campaign folks were rumors to be passing out flyers that stated he was supported by none other than Democratic candidate, until his recent defeat, Kweise Mfume. Now he did not have Mfume's endorsement, but that can all be cleared up after the election. Isn't that how it works? For the Republicans anyway.

I don't know how, but he managed to get support from Wayne Curry and other prominent Democrats. I will keep my opinions on that to myself, don't want to falsely accuse or incriminate anyone. However, Russell Simmons and Kathy Hughes joining his campaign just seemed all too well orchestrated. I won't speak against Simmons, but is there any doubt that Hughes follows the corporate dollar and is tied to some orchestrating power. The folks who have been allowed to thrive came together to support this guy so flawlessly, even though they don't live here and have little to do with MD.

So, I stood at the polls today, for the first time, disgusted with the Black candidate. Disgusted that my blackness was being packaged and marketed to me by the Republican party. Disgusted that I am supposed to be more impressed with Simmons bling bling than noticing that the Republican candidate has stayed in line with the Bush administrations. Disgusted that Steeles popularity is supposed to blind me from the bigger issues, like the Republicans need to retain control of Congress, therefore a vote for any Republican, right now, is a vote for Bush and the current administration. Disgusted at the basic disregard of taste and class that would prohibit the Slave, power to the people signs, and Civil Rights, back of the bus, reference to Kweise Mfume (radio campaigns).

Just disgusted in general.....

I voted for Cardin

No comments: