Thursday, November 02, 2006

Behind Schedule (of course)

I am behind schedule in a big way. I keep falling asleep at the computer!! normally I blog between midnight and 3am, but I am up by 7 to get my day started.... So my body is slowly shutting down.

Which got me to thinking, why am I doing so much at one time. I don't really know, except I have this urgent feeling that now is the time and I have to be prepared when that slit in opportunity opens wide enough for me to slide through. I am excited and prepared. I want to wallow in the writing, roll around in it, inhale and exhale it. Does that make sense?

Of course not, but its like discovering this tiny seed and watering it and feeding it. It has been slowly growin for years, then suddenly the root dug deep, offshoots have sprouted and I am just waiting, with bated breath, for the bloom that must be next! Open up, girlfriend, its time to bloom!! (Yes, I talk to myself. Most only children do. I forgive you for not understanding)

In other matters - I have found an illustrator for The Quest for the Armor Series. His name is The Red Salamander Zaruga and he is off the hook. Hi talent is so pure and energy so amazing. Awe inspiring. I gave him a little bit of the series and he could describe the character I imagined, in perfect detail. In touch with that third eye, deeply dug into his gift.....You are not going to believe what the two of us are going to come up with, it is going to blaze!!!

I have found the illustrator who is perfect for The Marks comic project and development. Ya'll, this Latino brotha's stuff is so raw, nasty, true, jagged, inspiring , fresh......check it out(Santiago). I have made two pleas for him to read my work and get back to me - but I havn't heard anything yet :(
Let's hope he's interested.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: