Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Wire- Michael, child strength



OK - so you know what tonites post is goin got be about. The Wire fed me another dose, and I couldn't get enough. Its a good thing I am no longer with Direct TV - I would be watching it again, instead of writing, and I am desperately behind. The character Michael is phenomnal and the child playing it captures it all. The prototype for a baby being the man of the house. Unbelievable. I didn't feel sorry for him, cause I know he's going to be alright, but he sure has the world on his shoulders right now.

Tonights fodder was Marlo's henchmen running around town tryin to identify New York hustlers. Yankees? Did Snoop really call them that? Hilarious. Quote of the night, snoop tellin her partner he was going to have to cough up $800.00 for the nail gun. Classic.

I'm not sure that the separate classroom philosophy is working, other than giving the tv viewer some idea about the innerworkings of the corner kids mindset. Would it work in real life. I doubt it. But it is interesting that they took such a real approach with diagnosing the world as seen inside out by children of the streets.

No comments: