Monday, October 23, 2006

Cherished Beginnings




So, I have published my first book of poetry. I am very excited. This decision is a result of outrage expressed over the volume of poetry lingering on my blog. I decided that I am still not going for making a profit, rather I would take the opportunity to publish another work, placing my grand number of published works at .....3. What an accomplishment! Oh, you scoffin at my number? Let me qualify it, three in just under 6 months, I don't think thats bad at all. I thought a deal was going through with my novel series, but it just didnt work out. I am going to have to put some other things in the works for that series, it is my baby.

So, Discover Kai Poetry Cherished Beginnings, will basically be all of my first posts to the site. I am going to sell it for free, (just recoup shipping and handling) and make it downloadable. the idea is to get it out there, let it spread.... I hope its enjoyed.

Yesterday, HBO starved us Wire addicted folks. Well, not all of us, just the "more honest" ones, cause, from what I am hearing, it is being bootlegged like crazy. I have to stop folks in midsentence from revealing the entire season. Amazing. I will plod along with HBO, take my Wire in doses, and devour the season this winter after the conclusion.... Sure hope they keep showing Bodi, he is the embodiment of evey corner slinger we ever liked. Yes, I grew up in the inner city, and corner slingers were ex classmates and actually human beings that we still liked, had crushes on, flirted with, etc....
Not condoning, just sayin....

(Since I'm posting from work, Bodi's picture and book cover will be added later :))

3 comments:

Shai said...

Congrats Kai. I will be checking it out and getting it.

a.Kai said...

THank you! I am excited and trying to work on the second issue, while getting the first one up on the site. Hope everythin is well - are you getting ready fo NanoMo?

MamaKing said...

Girl!!!!

You are amazing! Your work is powerful. Are you going to let Ann know? I'm going to buy several copies as Christmas gifts.