Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Writer Reputation?

I'm a writer, just like any other. Some days its good, other days....Well, you know. When someone finds out that I am writer, they launch into their latest book idea - apparently everyone has a great book idea. Check this out, this is what I wanna write. I listen politely, bob my head up and down. Move on when I can. They don't understand. I don't just write. I am a writer. This is my being, my call, it is within me. When I don't acquiesce to it, I dry up, imagination disappears, depression sets in. Raising hell about nothing. Frustrated. I have no choice in this thing.

But I can control what I write, to an extent. That's also a dilemma. Poetry, sensual musings, light fiction - all fun. But I have some heavy stuff, science fiction, inspirational, historical fiction, biblical. I'm sitting on some of it. Three have been/are being published.

Can a writer do both? Won't someone read the inspirational and say- but this same writer stated "misted condensation concentrated and brought forth at the sight of you" in a poem (I hope I don't have to explain that one). Won't that underline the good girl an inspirational writer needs to be? Demonstrator of faith and belief. Will it kill the message?

No comments: