Saturday, October 07, 2006

College Girl



*Originally posted September 30, 2006*

I was making my way to the train and I walked past this sister. Something about her struck me, I don't really know what, she was sporting a college sweatshirt, jeans, flip flops. Hair in a wrap. Used to be me a few years back. When undergrad was everything. But my chest started hurting and I felt sad. I don't know why. It was only a glance, I'm sure the girl didn't notice me. But her sadness affected me, reminded me of the emotion I had when I wrote "Seized Opportunity." Anyway, I wrote "achieve, little girl" with her in mind. I hope she makes it through whatever had her down, achieves the impossible.

Made me think of all the little girls, in women's bodies, trying to make our way through this maze. All of us a little damaged, but surviving. Please be kind to the little girls in your life, our burden is never easy.....

No comments: