Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Wire - again



*Originally posted October 1, 2006*

Well - Sunday night, the one time a week I actually watch TV anymore. Once again, the Wire was worth every wasted minute of life. Did you see the young hopper roll past in the stolen joint, when Marlo's henchman were schooling Bodi? That was the funniest...But the show is the saddest too. You know Marlo and them are about to turn this little boy out - evil always seeks to destroy the best and the brightest, although I haven't quite written Marlo off as evil. He reminds me of too many of my cousins. And I don't think they are tryin to destroy the boy, they thinkin they are extending opportunity. Heart breakin.....

Somebeody got hip to the Def Jam dancers and switched it up. So thankful. Kat Williams is the best, this character actually got me so hyped, I was standing in front of the TV by the end of his set. Like a child mesmerized, I didn't even remember standing up....

So, a good friend is going thru a separation. I wrote a poem about it. Want to hear it? Hear it ....naw, I am afraid to post it, don't want to put her business out there. But there are things I want to tell her and can't get it across any other way. We'll see..

Good night yall

No comments: