Sunday, October 29, 2006

WIRE update (of course)


Well, first things first, I caught the Wire tonight. The show is still phenomenal, but I was relieved that Maestro's character got off the hook. I just didn't want to see the system chew up another child on technicalities. Also, I find Cuttie's character annoying. I always have, but could never figure out why until tonight. This guy is supposed to be native B-Mo, so the drawn out awkward ebonics just is not working. It actually got worse this year, or he has more speaking parts, I can't tell. he has the righteous look, so keep around the ex con dogooder persona, just limit his speaking roles - please!! he distracted me so much, I went to refill on snacks during his scenes, the first time in two years I have left the couch during an episode. Of course, for those Wire fans in the know, I took snack and bathroom breaks quite often during season 2......

I guess Omar has finally been dethroned. Stripped of his mystique, even if he gets out of this one alive. Im stilla fan, although my mental love affair with Stringer Bell makes him a psuedo enemy. But I am rooting for him to take down Marlo. And, are we going to get a glimpse of Avon this season? I am already nostalgic for the old crew, complete with WeeBay asking for more horseradish......but those days are past, huh?

No comments: